- Reporting Issues
- Writing a clear summary
- Writing precise steps to reproduce
- What should you include in a bug report
- Supported environments
To get timely assistance with your issues please carefully consider this guide.
- If you have precise steps to reproduce you are on your way to reporting a useful bug report.
- If you can reproduce occasionally, but not after following specific steps, you must provide as much additional information as possible.
- If you can't reproduce the problem, there is probably no use in reporting it, unless you have unique information about its occurrence.
Ideally, test on the latest uMod and plugin releases. Your bug may already be fixed.
- If the bug only happens in your existing setup, try to figure out what settings, extensions, or files are needed to reproduce the bug.
- If the bug seems egregious (obviously affecting a lot of users), there is probably something unusual happening, perhaps related to a recent game update.
- You have a much better chance of figuring it out than a developer without access to your system
- Search the uMod forums or on DuckDuckGo
- To contact the community, please submit your issue by creating a thread in the appropriate forum for the game you are running.
- If the bug relates to a specific plugin, please submit the issue to the plugin author through the support thread for that individual plugin.
How would you describe the bug using approximately 10 words or less? This is the first part of your bug report the developer will see.
A good summary should quickly and uniquely identify a bug report. It should explain the problem, not your suggested solution's
Good "Running this command causes the following error message: (with message)"
Bad "It don't work"
Good "A player was kicked after doing the following action: (with description)"
Bad "Your plugin kicked my players"
How can a developer reproduce the bug on their own system?
Steps to reproduce are the most important part of any bug report. If a developer is able to reproduce the bug, the bug will very likely be fixed.
If the steps are unclear, it might not even be possible to know whether a bug can be fixed.
Indicate whether you can reproduce the bug at will, occasionally, or not at all.
Describe your method of interaction in addition to your intent with each step
After your steps, precisely describe the observed (actual) result and the expected result. Clearly separate facts (observations) from speculations.
Good "I can reproduce by doing exactly the following: (explanation)"
Bad "Your plugin is broken"
Good "1. Started my server & login. 2. Run the following command /help. 3. Help Text does not appear. (with configuration)"
Bad "Help doesn't do nothing"
Good "Expected result: The item moved into my inventory. Actual result: The item dropped to the ground"
Bad "Items not working"
uMod works on a wide variety of games and platforms. Please include the relevant platforms and games in your report.
- Game Version (run
versionor comparable command)
- Oxide Version (run
oxide.version) / uMod Version (run
- Plugin Version (found inside of the plugin file, log file, or with
- Plugin Configuration JSON file (found in