The guidelines below are meant to serve as the basis to create and maintain a healthy community. Please consider them carefully.
Please be polite and treat everyone here with respect. Like a public park, this community is a shared resource.
- Assume others know something you do not.
- Pursue what is meaningful and assume others are too.
- Be precise in your language.
- Tell the truth, or at least do not lie.
Improve the discussion, even if only in a small way. Help us make this a healthy and safe place for discussion.
Even in a disagreement, be polite. Losing an argument is not a bad thing as we learn something from the effort.
Remember that many contributors are volunteering their time for little or nothing in return.
"You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar" ~ English proverb
Conversations had here may be read dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of times. Helping one person may help many others after.
Take care to set a tone that will positively influence the future of this community.
Our team of moderators rely heavily on the community to report abusive or bad behavior.
Do not engage with abuse or trolling, just report it and move on. Abusive people and trolls are encouraged by acknowledgement, do not give them the satisfaction.
- Do not post anything that a reasonable person may consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Do not post obscene or sexually explicit content.
- Do not harass, grief, impersonate, or dox people.
- Do not spam.
This is a public place. Everything said here may be stored forever, if not by us then by third-party search engines and robots.
Outside of this site, and on social media in general, we ask you not to behave in such a way that would reflect poorly on us. Users who are found to be participating in toxic or illegal behavior on other sites may find themselves unable to use uMod.
Please try to post things in the correct place.
- Do not start a thread in the wrong category.
- Do not cross-post the same thing in multiple threads or categories.
- Do not post empty replies
- Stay on topic, new topics in a new thread
Do not post anything that belongs to someone else without permission. Do not post descriptions, links, or methods for stealing someone elses work or breaking the law.